Oracle Database Engineer
The Database Specialist is responsible for the administration of all retained production, test, development and training environments running Oracle and MySQL.
The role will also work alongside the trusted partner to deliver the remaining database services, reporting into the relevant work stream Database Manager.
The role requires daily involvement in Change Management, Performance Management, Capacity Management, Security Management, Compliance and Governance as well as 2nd/3rd line technical escalation for incidents and problems.
The Database Specialist will work with projects to build and review new database technology and review work carried out by trusted partners.
The role also requires participation in a call-out Rota for P2, P1 and MSO incidents.
Provide technical capability, support and maintenance for the database based platforms and processes across the LG group including the delivery and documentation of the following:
- Escalated on-call 24x7x365 support
- Operational, initiative and project based activities
- Capacity and availability management
- Performance management
- Obsolescence management
- Patch and vulnerability management
- Technical design and implementation
- License & Vendor management
- Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability
- Database security and hardening
- Audit & Compliance
- Provide key input into solution design, strategy & roadmaps
- Resource management, covering both permanent & contract resource (on & offshore).
- Degree level or equivalent in technical disciplines
- Manage high priority incidents (P2/P1/MSO) through to service restoration
- Attend Post Incident Review meetings providing meaningful feedback on actions
- Manage all incidents and changes related to retained database services
- Work with Database Security and Control team to ensure database technology adheres to regulatory compliance
- Conduct database performance and capacity management
- Carry out regular reviews and updates to DBA processes and database standards
- Engage with customers to help improve their service
- Provide database design and consultation for projects including attending architectural meetings and approving proposed solution
- Attend all relevant project meetings requiring database technology
- Work with the Solution Architects, IT Project Managers, Technical Delivery Manager and System Integrators utilising the LG delivery framework to:
- Assess the design and feedback to the Database Manager for approval.
- Ensure designs comply with current DBA standards and policies.
- Highlight, document and inform the Database Security and Control team of any risks
- Obtain regular updates from the trusted partner on project progress
- Report delivery status of all projects to Database Manager
- Escalate all issues to the Database Manager as required
Specific Skills & Abilities:
- Expert experience of core database technology products so that this role can act as a technical consultant.
- Oracle Database Administration
- Oracle RAC
- Data Guard
- Golden Gate
- Significant knowledge of OEM
- Thorough practical and theoretical knowledge of SQL coding
- Knowledge of backup and restore
- Experience managing site-to-site disaster solutions.
- Understanding of the telecoms and media business sector
- Understanding of the LG IT and Transformation processes
- Relevant industry experience in an operational environment
- Qualified in one or more ITIL/Project Delivery methodologies
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex project deliveries simultaneously
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.