Shanghai, China – Market related
Job Title: Global Commercial China Architect
Country of Work Location: China, Shanghai
Duration: 12 Months to permanent hire
My global retail client is seeking a Solutions Architect to join a well-respected team of enterprise and solutions architects .
He/she is responsible for working with the local businesses to help them understand the opportunities to create IT solutions to address business value for the business in China. These solutions need to be fit for purpose, have technical integrity, the right TCO (total cost of ownership) through its life cycle and a good fit with the IT technology direction of the company. The resultant High-Level Designs have a measurable impact on the effectiveness and profitability of the company.
- The end to end IT landscape of business in their China region. This includes all solutions delivered specifically for the Chinese market and global solutions deployed to the Chinese market.
- Provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to company standards and reference/segment architectures. The Solution Architect is accountable for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented through to the successful deployment of the solution. This includes all aspects of Architecture: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security
- Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions. Ensure solutions are future-proof’
- Stay in touch with development of standards and standard services in IT at company. To ensure the latest service developments are taken into account.
- Maintain the segment architecture standards and strategy specifically for China architectures
- Liaise with the Global Commercial business and IT managers to maintain a funnel of opportunities for IT enabled business improvements
- Leadership with ability to steer and guide Chinese speaking vendors
- A good working knowledge of the IT and regulatory landscape in China
- Chinese and English Speaking (preferred)
- Ability to work in multi-vendor and complex landscape environment.
- Senior stakeholder management at local level and global level.
Skills & Requirements:
- 7 to 10 years in IT with some IT leadership experience
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
- Strong domain knowledge of Business to Business IT in China
- Security knowledge related to Data privacy, HSM, Tokenization, and Cryptography.
- Mobile App design experience (native, HTML5)
- Integration architecture with experience both cloud and on premise integration.
- Hands on experience working on RESTful API design
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure Services