Abu Dhabi – US$130k – US$150k per annum + dependent on experience
The successful candidate will work alongside senior management and assist and/or lead as instructed on addressing and managing all IP needs of the business, general commercial matters, corporate governance and compliance and other ad hoc legal matters from time to time relevant to the company and its subsidiaries.
- may derive from deals and due diligence exercise involving acquisitions or VC deals but also day to day matters for existing companies;
- these Matters will also include standard KYC and certification.
The successful candidate must be a tech/IP lawyer but equally adept and willing to manage a diverse portfolio and varying workstreams.
He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Drafting, negotiating, interpreting and advising on IP related agreements such as licensing agreements, assignments, technology transfers and NDAs.
- Pro-active management of an international trade mark portfolio.
- Evaluating inventions, particular regarding software, to determine patentability.
- Protecting and securing ownership of copyright and other IP rights with employees and third parties.
- General commercial work with an IP focus including sale and purchase of goods and services, consultancy agreements, software licensing and software development agreements and other IP/IT related commercial agreements.
- Develop and manage legal policies and advise on regulatory changes that impact the company and its subsidiaries.
- Advise the CEO and executive team on legal matters.
- Manage all registrations, licensings, filings and maintenance of appropriate records.
- Provide commercial/IP support on acquisitions, joint ventures and or other corporate agreements.
- Assist in the drafting, negotiation, review and execution of commercial agreements.
- Source, manage and evaluate external legal counsel on provision of services including litigation and specific technical, geographical, linguistic, country specific and subject matter specific assistance.
- Conduct research into legal issues as needed.
- Lead on IP/commercial litigation.
- Qualified lawyer in private practice or as a legal counsel in business environment with a minimum of 4 years PQE
- Knowledge and experience dealing with legal issues relating to technology sector, particularly software.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial/IP law and procedures
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.