Business Analysis Specialist – 40 King Street W, Toronto, ON
Purpose of Job:
As part of the Global Wholesale & Risk Technology department, the successful candidate will add value to the Equity Sales and Trade Business Analyst team by supporting their technology and business analysis needs in support of the Equity Mid-Office and Trading systems.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting in conducting analysis leading to the definition of requirements, design, testing, project coordination and implementation processes, to assist in the resolution of complex business problems for Equity Sales and Trading Business unit, and other business lines being serviced. The incumbent is also responsible for participating in projects for new systems or enhancements, working with development personnel, and participating as a team member in Agile scrums. The candidate will work with other technology groups and vendors, and provision of ongoing support for all users in the business lines supported.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Identifies and documents project requirements in order to capture required outcomes and ultimately support the business’s overall objectives.
- Assist in resolving complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the system needs of the Institutional Equity Mid-Office, Cash and EES Trading Desks and their internal and external customers, by applying your business and technological knowledge to analysis, defining user requirements, design and implementation of systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
- Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, assisting with developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Assist with the coordination of small projects and/or specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems.
- Provide support to other BAs, Delivery Managers in support of both the Trade Floor and Mid-Office systems. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Assist with coaching other business analysts, and guiding technical staff, and users on an individual project basis.
- Collaborates with business partners, including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements. Within the context of the project, collaborates on and sometimes leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives.
- Possesses a university degree and 5 – 7 years business analysis experience, supporting medium to large-sized projects
- Experience with any/all of the following is considered necessary assets for the position: Broadridge, BPSA, Intact, FIX, Fidessa CTAC.
- Demonstrates solid business knowledge of the Institutional Equity business
- Possesses solid business understanding and knowledge of the use of technology and applications in mid-office and front office trading
- Solid knowledge of project management and the system development life cycle/agile development process
- Knowledge of Depositories Settlement Process for Equities
- Demonstrates good writing and documentation skills
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. Visio, Excel etc)
- Is able to communicate with varying stakeholders at multiple levels in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
- Possesses good influencing and negotiating skills
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centred design within the context of the organizational standards
- Preferred Working Knowledge of Omgeo CTM and/or SS&C FMC
- Preferred Ability to Extract Data Using SQL
- Canadian Securities Course is desirable
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.